This week: THE BIG GIVEAWAY!!!!
Romance Writers Weekly is celebrating our six month anniversary with a big giveaway! Grand prize is a Kindle Fire, plus free books and more! If you arrived here from Jeanne McDonald thanks for continuing the blog hop.
Instead of our usual questions today, we’re naming our top ten romances of all time, books, movies and more.
Don’t forget to visit the Romance Writers Weekly Page today for author takeovers throughout the day. I’ll be on at 6 pm. If you’re the first to guess the title of my pre-published military novel, you’ll win a copy of my novella, White Doe. And now: My top ten romance list w/a side of Dani.
- Gone with the Wind – Biggest love/hate of a heroine but damn if she didn’t get it done!
- Gladiator – “What we do in life echoes in eternity” Maximus
- Outlander – The story, the writing and so on and so on…
- Trial by Fire –Jo Davis – Hot firefighter, hot writing
- Immortal Highlander Karen Moning – They don’t get sexier than Adam Black
- Turbulent Sea – Christine Feehan – A hit man and a telepathic rock singer
- Nauti Nights – Hawt Dawg hero by Lora Leigh
- Something Borrowed – Geek girl wins the hero!
- She’s the Man – Teen flick with Channing Tatem – nuff said
- Kate & Leapold – Aristocrat from 1800s meets modern NYC woman
- Captive Passions – Fern Michaels – Female pirate pre Keira Knightly
Hope you’ll hop on over to Carrie Elks to peek at her top ten in romance. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
This week … my favorite author and how she inspires me…
Who is your favorite author other than yourself in your genre and why?
Jo Davis is my favorite romance author. She first intrigued me with her novel, Trial by Fire. I devoured her entire Firefighters of Station Five series and several of her paranormal Alpha Pack series she writes under J D Tyler. She writes even hotter in her erotic SHADO Agency novels. Her books are categorized as romantic suspense, but the action and emphasis on the love story suit me more then others I’ve read in the genre.
The way she weaves words and her deep point of view sucks me in like a vortex. Her seamlessly passages evade passive verbiage and the woman writes some of the best love scenes I’ve ever read. **pant pant**
What is your favorite book by them and why?
I’d have to say the Trial by Fire. For the reasons above and I fell in love with the haunted hero and his sweet love interest who taught him that a fishing rod can be a dangerous weapon when provoked. I also love When Alex was Bad. Whew! I heard she sold movie rights to that single title erotic. Some Fifty Shades fans would probably need smelling salts to finish. How many wives would give their husband a “hall pass” with a stipulation he must come home and confess every detail under the tutelage of her crop and other toys? Don’t get the wrong idea, she gets to have her fun, too. Can you say ménage? **fans self**
What about their style inspires your writing?
Jo’s words flow across the page an effortless manner entrancing me with images and emotions that totally invest me in her characters. And if that ain’t enough, her love scenes are scorching.
Thanks to Ronnie Allen for this week’s Romance Weekly questions. Click the link to find out Jeanne McDonald‘s favorite author. Hope you’ll take the full hop and check out all of our talented authors. We’re every every Tuesday answering your most intriguing questions. I love hearing from you!