Favorite villains is the question this week on Romance Weekly. Fiona Riplee wants our top five and why. Hope you’ve already visited J.J. Devine for her five baddies.
There were a couple of book villains I liked but wasn’t sure everyone would know them, so I stuck with movies and TV/Cable shows. Initially I thought coming up with a list would be tough, but it seems I like villainous guys more than I thought. Mine aren’t serial killers, except maybe the vampire. They’re are only a tad crazy. I abhor mean/nasty women, so there’s no bitches on my countdown.
5) Drago of Rocky IV – Body, body and body. Need I say more. Plus Dolph Lundgren redeemed himself as He-man of Masters of the Universe.
4) Hans Gruber Die of Die Hard & Snape of Harry Potter – Both snarky and high-browed. Allan Rickman is great in all of his rolls. He has a wide range from the comedic alien in Galaxy Quest to the serious colonel in Sense and Sensibility.
3) Darth Vader of Star Wars – Can’t get much darker than Darth and I love villain or hero with a commanding deep voice like James Earl Jones. Darth also redeems himself at the end of the first trilogy.
2) Eric Northman of True Blood – A fanglicious Viking vampire. I loved his dark humor and sexual prowess, especially with Sookie.
1) My newest villain and bad boy love is Charles Vane of Black Sails – A day long marathon before the start of the second season introduced me to the smoky voiced, Charles Vane and I wanted more! The man could read me the phone book and have me on my knees. He’s the only guy in dreds that I’d do! LOL! He’s got a hot body with intense eyes and is smarter than he’s given credit. His only weakness – a woman who betrays him. Romantic…huh.
Fiona Riplee follows me on the hop. Can’t wait to uncover our questioner’s favorite villains. It was fun to check the dark side of my soul, Fiona!
With True Blood coming to an end, I’ve created a paranormal love comparison as a tribute. True Blood didn’t include zombies, however zombie mania has morphed to zombie love with the movie Warm Bodies and zombie romance titles. As a long time paranormal fan and romance author I thought it’d be fun to compare the romantic qualities of vamps, shifters and fae against zombie love.
Vamps vs. Zombies:
Vamps suck your blood at erogenous and ticklish zones such at your neck or femoral artery. It’s in their best interest not to kill you if they like wining and dining on you. Zombies on the other hand have you for dinner in one sitting, sans the erotic foreplay.
Some vamps fly or turn into bats. Good for speedy exits and saves on airfare Zombies can’t even remember how to drive a car.
Vamps have sexy incisors. A zombie has rotting teeth and halitosis that hydrochloric acid can’t cure.
Most vamps only come out at night, leaving you the day to get things done. Zombies stalk you 24/7.
Vamps are jealous lovers. A zombie will share you like a buffet and move on once he’s gleaned your bones.
Shifters vs. Zombies:
You only have to worry about werewolves during a full moon unless you’re in True Blood world. I’ll take a hot-blooded Alcide Herveaux any day over a corpse. Again, zombies never sleep.
Weres and shifters pass as regular people. Your neighbor or lover might be one and you won’t know until you piss them off or catch them shifting. Watch for hair on the sheets in the morning. Zombies keep you up all night and not in a good way. Farts in bed smell like a bouquet of flowers compared to their body odor.
Werewolves make loyal lovers (they mate for life) and you can’t beat that long, playful tongue! They are also great protectors. Zombies are use-you lose-you lovers.
Fae vs. Zombies
Fairy or Fae are humanlike and said to be handsome and gorgeous creatures. Hollywood is probably full of them. Adam Black, in Karen Moning’s novel, Immortal Highlander can sift me anywhere. Zombies look like – well– the walking dead.
Some Fae may be egotistical and sullen if they don’t get their way, but they are supposed to be masters at providing multi-orgasms. Zombies don’t appear to be even interested in kissing (unless eating your lips) much less foreplay or sex. I’ve often wondered if males can get it up or do they have a constant rigor mortis woody.
Fae live longer than vamps and are usually very intelligent, beyond worldly in fact. Zombies don’t even know their names, but on the plus side, with their frontal cortex gone, they don’t bullshit or lie.
Who’s your favorite paranormal love interest? I love hearing from you!